These guidelines are solely intended for use by law enforcement or official representatives of government agencies. These guidelines are not intended for requests for information by Jumio customers, Jumio customers’ end users, civil litigants or criminal defendants.
How do I submit a request?
Please submit an email which meets the requirements for submitting a legal request as listed below, to: [email protected].
If your agency must submit requests via mail or in person, our address is as follows: Jumio, Attn: Legal, 100 Mathilda Place, Suite 100, Sunnyvale, CA, 94086, United States.
Requirements for submitting a legal request:
In order for Jumio to process your request it must meet the following conditions:
- be sent by a law enforcement agency or official government entity via a registered email domain;
- include valid and enforceable legal process (e.g., a subpoena, court order, or search warrant) that compels Jumio to produce the information requested;
- contain the name and contact information of the individual law enforcement agent or government representative, who is authorized to serve the request;
- state with particularity the categories of records or information sought;
- include sufficient information regarding the customer account, such as an account identifier, in order for Jumio to
identify the customer account(s) at issue; and
- indicate the specific time period for which information is requested.
Jumio’s Intent to Disclose Receipt of Request
Law enforcement or other official government agencies that do not want Jumio to notify our customer of their request should include a court order or reference to other legal authority that bars Jumio from disclosing the existence of the request to our customer.
Emergencies Safety Considerations
We may disclose information to law enforcement in the case of an emergency where there is a danger of death or serious physical injury to a person that Jumio may have information necessary to prevent.
Jumio will evaluate emergency disclosure requests on a case-by-case basis in compliance with relevant law.
Reimbursement for Requests
Jumio reserves the right to seek reimbursement for costs in responding to unusual or burdensome requests from the law enforcement or government agency issuing the request.
Jumio typically responds to valid requests for information within two business weeks. However, response times may take longer than two business weeks depending on the complexity and scope of the request.
If you require an expedited response, the required response deadline should be stated clearly in both the submission documentation and the formal request itself.
These guidelines are regularly reviewed by Jumio and are subject to change at our discretion.