Back to Careers Page
What is the purpose of this document?
Jumio is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your recruitment process, in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
It applies to all job candidates who are California residents.
This notice does not form part of any contract between you and Jumio. We may update this notice at any time.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The Kind of Information We Hold About You
“Personal Information” or “Personal Data” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. It does not include data publicly available or where the identity has been removed (aggregate data).
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal Identifiers such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses, Social Security Number or driver’s license.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as date of birth, gender, and national origin (ethnicity).
- Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) such as names, signatures, health insurance information, medical information, bank account number, tax status information and any other financial information.
- Professional or employment-related information such as salary, annual leave, pension and benefits information, copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV (resume) or cover letter, employment records (including job titles, work history, working hours, training records and professional memberships), location of employment or workplace.
- Electronic or Visual Information such as photographs, CCTV footage and other information obtained through electronic means as part of the recruitment process.
- Inferences drawn from any of the preceding information or Jumio’s internal surveys to create a profile of the candidate’s characteristics, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
What are the Purposes of Collection of Your Personal Information?
Each of the preceding categories of Personal Information will be collected for the following purposes:
- Personal Identifiers: To create the candidate file and conduct the hiring process; to comply with state and federal law requiring Jumio to prepare and maintain certain records; to respond to government agencies requests; to contact you and inform you of matters relating to the hiring process.
- Characteristics of Protected Classification: To create the candidate file; to determine compensation and benefits such as health insurance programs; to compile statistics.
- Other Personal Information as defined in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80: To manage and maintain Jumio -candidate relations; to effectively conduct our payroll processes; to respond to government agencies requests; for business management and planning, including accounting and auditing.
- Internet or other electronic activity: To monitor your use of our information and communication systems; to ensure compliance with our IT policies; to prevent fraud; to assess the candidate’s skills and knowledge.
- Professional or Employment-related information: To carry out Jumio’s human resources and personnel functions, including but not limited to hiring, conducting background checks, managing and maintaining Jumio-candidate relations, determining compensation and benefits, keeping records, and other functions related to carrying out hiring processes; for making decisions about your employment or engagement; to comply with state and federal law requiring Jumio to prepare and maintain certain records; to effectively conduct our payroll processes; assessing qualifications for a particular job or task; to respond to government agencies requests.
- Electronic or visual information: To keep candidate’ records; to safeguard Jumio’s assets, facilities and property; to verify the candidate’s knowledge and skills.
- Inferences: To carry out Jumio’s human resources and personnel functions; assessing qualifications for a particular job; determining performance requirements.
- To carry out Jumio’s human resources and personnel functions, including but not limited to hiring, conducting background checks, managing and maintaining Jumio-candidate relations, determining compensation and benefits, keeping records, and other functions related to hiring; to comply with state and federal law requiring Jumio to prepare and maintain certain records; to effectively conduct our payroll processes; to respond to government agencies requests; to safeguard companies’ assets, facilities and property; to contact you and to inform you of matters relating to the hiring process.
How We Use Information About You
We use the personal information we collect about you for a variety of business purposes including:
- Making a decision about your recruitment or appointment.
- Determining the terms on which you work for us, including compensation.
- Checking you are legally entitled to work in the USA.
- Administering the hiring process.
- Business management and planning, including accounting and auditing.
- Determining performance requirements.
- Assessing qualifications for a particular job or task.
- Dealing with legal disputes involving you.
- Complying with health and safety obligations.
- To prevent fraud.
- To ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to our computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution.
- Equal opportunities monitoring and initiatives.
- Headcount reporting.
- Processing of candidate expenses and travel charges.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- As you otherwise agree or consent.
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
We may only use information relating to criminal convictions as part of the recruitment process where the law allows us to do so and in line with our data protection policy.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any material updates during your recruitment process. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact Jumio’s Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
Back to Careers Page